We prepare supplemental powers of attorney to enable an agent to help you qualify for Medi-Cal if the need arises, and to help protect your estate from Medi-Cal recovery after you death. We prepare "special needs trusts" to help provide for persons with disabilities while also protecting their entitlement to public benefits.
We prepare revocable "living" trusts so that your home and other assets can be administered and distributed upon your death without the need for court involvement (probate.) Living trusts also allow your "Successor Trustee" to manage your trust assets for your benefit if you become unable to do so.
We also prepare wills, including "pourover wills" which you sign when you sign your trust, and stand-alone wills for those who do not need or want to sign a trust.
We prepare Advance Health Care Directives, previously known as a Durable Powers of Attorney For Health Care. An AHCD allows you to appoint one or more agents to make health care decisions and to provide that agent with your instructions and wishes concerning your health care as well as the disposition of your remains on death.
- We listen. We want to know why you have come to see us and what you hope to accomplish.
- We inform. We believe the best client is one who is fully informed.
- We advise. We discuss your options and what we can do for you.
- We represent you. If you hire us, we become your advocate.
- We provide resources. If we can't help you, we will try to refer you to an attorney who can. We can also refer you to professionals in other areas, such as realtors and tax preparers.
Call or email us now to get started!